EarthLinkSucks.org

This is the place to discuss your earthlink service problems
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is a public forum and you are allowed to express yourself, but please do it in a factual mannor without explicit profanity. Exclaimation points and substitute charactars are OK. Keep in mind that minors may view this site. Believe me, I hate those fargin' iceholes at earthlink as much as you do! OK, now tell the world your story!

Post subject: Incompetent or just plain evil?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

By zorchfester

Dec 27th, 2007, 5:08am

Earthlink has been my ISP for more than ten years.

During that time, I have had to call technical support on the average of once every six weeks because my Internet service went down for a seemingly endless number of reasons. Each time I have had to wait for an average of thirty minutes to connect with a tech support person who barely spoke English and who, more often than not, could not identify the problem or fix it.

A few months ago, my Internet connection went down for approximately two weeks. I was dumbfounded at the attitude of Earthlink's technical support team, who repeatedly promised repairs and follow-up calls and who never once followed through on their promises.

Two weeks ago, my Internet service went down again. I called technical support. They said it would be fixed in two hours. It wasn't.

I called again. They said it would be fixed in 24 hours. It wasn't.

I called again. They said it would be fixed in 24 hours, or a technician would call me. It wasn't, and he didn't.

I called again. This time they told me my modem was the problem and that I needed to order a new one from Earthlink. I did.

The next day, I got an email saying my Internet service had been cancelled.

I called again. They said my service had been cancelled because the customer (me) was moving. I never made such a request and I am not moving. They said they would have to sign me up for new Internet service with a year contract and that it would take seven to ten days to go into effect.

At the end of my patience, I told them to forget it, I would find another ISP.

Today I received an invoice from Earthlink for $99.95 Reactivation fee and $79.95 Early Termination fee.

Never in my life have I dealt with a company so utterly unconcerned with providing satisfactory service and so utterly indifferent to customer satisfaction. I have long characterized Earthlink as bumbling and incompetent. To that I would now add that Earthlink is intentionally, deliberately, downright evil.