Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RIDICULOUS SPEEDS!!!! (Read 1520 times)
Velocitii
Newbies

Yakity yak....

RIDICULOUS SPEEDS!!!!
05/03/09 at 20:16:24

ok well first off ive had earthlink for about a little over a year and the speeds i get are ridiculous (in a bad way)
recently ive made two calls to them and both times they sent technicians to my home, the first time, apparently they 'fixed' something on the roof that made it work...and it DID work....for TWO days, and back to the slow speeds, when im supposed to have 10mb, im getting 768kb
the second time i called, they sent another technician, and this time the technician told me to get a new router, which i did, and it helped, i was close to 10, at 9, i was satisfied, again this worked for about 2 days and back to the same problem, slow speeds when i need it the most....
i am pretty sure nothing is wrong with my router or computer since it works very well during offpeak hours, i get near 10mb
but at peak hours, i get less than 1, that is not acceptable

i am definitely looking for a new company since my contract is over, any recommendations in the new york city manhattan area?

IP Logged
s4001
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Re: RIDICULOUS SPEEDS!!!!
Reply #1 - 05/03/09 at 21:04:36

I switched to Fios and the speeds are ridiculous, in a good way.  There probably never was anything wrong with your router or computer.  Seems a pretty common thing for EL customers to not have advertised speeds.  Mine was 300k on a good day (when it was running at all.)  Watch out for random bogus billing when you cancel.  Angry

Email   IP Logged
Velocitii
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Re: RIDICULOUS SPEEDS!!!!
Reply #2 - 05/03/09 at 21:12:12

^i would switch to fios ASAP if i could
but unfortunately it isn't available in my area.....

and thanks for the warning, will keep an eye out

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print