EarthlinkSucks Home
Back to HOME
12/11/17 at 22:35:23
Welcome to the
EarthlinkSucks.org Forum!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tech Support is a joke (Read 2293 times)
yorkey
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Tech Support is a joke
04/17/09 at 22:49:22

I have EL Cable and the service has been good. About  3 years ago I would go through a spell when service would slow down or end and I would have to reboot midem and router. It would go on for about a 2=3 week cycle. Then it would get better and in about 6 months the smae problem. Finally It cleared it self out and service has been consistent.  

I had a problem for about 1.5 years with earthlink and yahoo. I could not get earthlink to work with IE.
I switched to Netscape and now I am on for the most part on Mozilla FireFox. I found out that the yahoo toolbar and startup program was corrupt and prevented IE from working. I uninstalled yahoo and I can now access earthlink either through IE or FF.

I am for the most part a technical savvy guy. I worked for RS for 29 years and part of that time I marketed computers and software to SBO and handle educational accounts for 3 counties in North Carolina. If I run across a problem with my computer or desire to enhance my skills I go forum shopping to see if someone has had an similiar experience. I can usually find the answers that I want on my own. Except EL programs. Evidently when I have some technical issue the information channel
mut be held close to the vest with EL. I try to go through all the options and read as far as I can go before doing a Live Chat. Every time I start chatting with them I end up blowing at least 3 blood vessels. They never seem to understand the questions I pose. I know from my retail experiences that I can sometimes get bogged down in details. I say within the last few years I have tried to limit the questions to the most important element. Every time they do not answer the question and I end up getting mad. I usually leave completely dissatisfied with their answers and just try to work around a solution on my own.

Tonight/ today April 17,2009 I was using TA2005 Mailbox. I was sending a message to a friend and I wanted to give a graphic illustration of what I was talking about. Sometimes I notice when I leave the TA 2005 toolbar without saving the message it will get confused and go away. the Webmail program has a check box to save as a draft Not Mailbox.  I knew from previous experience if I existed the Mailbos program then it would prompt me to save the message I was working on. I really did not wabt to exist the program so I looked under the >File menu and found option 3: Save. I was assuming it meant the message I was working on. So I pulled down the file menu and clicked on save I didn't think to check and see if it was saved in the drafts folder. When I came back to the Mailbox program the drafts folder was empty. That means that save did not save my work. I then did a test message and existed the MB program. It prompted me and asked if I wanted to save the message as a drat. It worked. Ao I contact Live Chat to see if my thinking was correct. The live chat person could not agree with me and seemed confused with my answer. Angry

Email yorkey   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print