EarthlinkSucks Home
Back to HOME
12/18/18 at 09:41:15
Welcome to the
EarthlinkSucks.org Forum!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't access Earthlink pages altho internet OK (Read 1693 times)
lizardjunction
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Can't access Earthlink pages altho internet OK
04/02/09 at 09:10:14

Beginning on Saturday, March 28, 2009 I have not been able to access any Earthlink web pages including my webmail.  I can get anywhere else on the internet that I have tried.  First tech support wanted to reset things of course, but then finally checked and said there was a "maintenance issue" that would be resolved "in two hours".  Of course it wasn't.  So I called again on Wednesday, April 1 (maybe that was the problem) and this time was told the issue would be resolved in 48 to 72 hours.  Completely unacceptable.   I did get customer service to issue me a credit for a week's worth of service but of course I can't check to see if they really have.  The tech said to try again in 24 hours and maybe service would be restored.  So far, it has not.  Has anyone else had this problem?  (Yes, I'm going to change my ISP as soon as I can.  But I have to get to my e-mails first!)

IP Logged
lizardjunction
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Re: Can't access Earthlink pages altho internet OK
Reply #1 - 04/05/09 at 08:30:30

The third tech (in the US, not in India) was the charm.  He actually sounded like he cared--what a concept.  Tried several things to no avail and he promised to call me back, which he actually did the next day.  Apologized for not having a prompt fix, sounded like customer service should.  We ended up bypassing my wireless router and hardwiring my laptop to the modem so we could check the modem settings, but then backed out because I couldn't find my modem password.  (Ooops)  Then, guess what--as soon as my wireless connection was re-established, now I had access to Earthlink on the laptop (Windows machine.)  Checked the Mac which was using Airport all this time, and it had access also.  Go figure.  What made the difference?  Is this an example of the whole internet thing being so complex that it is inherently unstable?  Was this Earthlink's fault?  No way to tell.  My advice is to insist on an escalation immediately to a US-based tech.  Now I have to get everything off Earthlink and get set to move........

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print