Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DSL Rip off report (Read 693 times)
mmichota
Newbies

Yakity yak....

DSL Rip off report
02/17/09 at 11:22:07

Here is the 'Reader's Digest' version. Signed on for standalone DSL w/EL in Dec.08.
     1.They did NOT inform me the Verizon was the provider (I had just cancelled verizon)
        a. I found out when a verizon tech showed up at my door to install a DSL phone line at my home
     2. They charged my account long before I received the modem.
     3. After 8 HOURS over a weekend - they could NOT get the service up and running and said I had to wait a WEEK for a phone technician (!) even though:
        a. the phone line worked
        b. I believe the modem (which had the date as 01/01/2000!) was DEFECTIVE as you could not get into the advanced mode to change the settings. - they didn't want to hear it.
     4.  I cancelled the service, sent the modem back and
     5.  THEY STILL CHARGED ME $149.95 FOR THE MODEM ON THE DAY THEY RECEIVED IT BACK!
     6.  They now tell me a refund to my charge card has been issued but that it will take 7 TO 10 DAYS TO RECEIVE.
     7.  Don't bother trying to call their 'executive offices' in Atlanta, GA you will get the same line of garbage you get from the people in India, Pakistan, the Phillipines or wherever the heck their tech support is located.

Anybody know of any class action lawsuits?  Thanks for the opportunity to vent!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print