EarthlinkSucks Home
Back to HOME
03/28/20 at 02:27:17
Welcome to the
EarthlinkSucks.org Forum!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recent Earthlink Outage (Read 1806 times)
EarthDinks
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Recent Earthlink Outage
12/16/08 at 12:33:51

Anyone got an Indian translater software? It's hard enough to hear what they are saying. Most of them shuffle their script after they tell you to "hold please". They don't have a clue of how to do their jobs.  
   An AT&T switching station went down. Earthlink leases their equipment. I was down for 8 days. I talked to 8 different Earthlink Indians for 4 of those days. Only 2 of them had a clue. One wanted me to replace the dsl unit without doing ANY TROUBLESHOOTING!
   I found a bad dsl blocker. This caused static on the line. Earthlink called in an AT&T service tech to check the line. I had to wait 3 days for AT&T to show up, because it was a weekend.
   On the 8th day I hooked the PC straight to the modem instead of going through my router, and walah! like magic I was on the net again. After updating my router firmware, and changing the WAN setting from PPPoE to DHCP, I was able to use my router again.  
   Apparantly Earthlink decided it was a good idea to remove the PPPoE protocol that everyone was using for their routers without even telling their Employees, Business Partners or even their Customers. Nice Business Communications. I was down 4-5 extra days, because of their "Big Business" behavior.
   I've used Earthlink for 5+ years...this will be it for them...how much does it cost for Donald Trump to tell Earthlink "YOU'RE FIRED"! undecided

IP Logged
crispychris
Newbies

Earthlink Sucks!!!

Re: Recent Earthlink Outage
Reply #1 - 12/20/08 at 06:32:44

That explains why I was out for so long. I ended up cancelling my account after being with Earthlink since May 2001. I was so over their tech support. The WORST. I was also on hold for 40 minutes to cancel my account.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print