EarthlinkSucks Home
Back to HOME
03/29/20 at 06:55:30
Welcome to the
EarthlinkSucks.org Forum!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Switching to AT&T next week (Read 1205 times)
onebigtoe
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Switching to AT&T next week
09/20/08 at 18:44:34

This forum SAVED MY SANITY.  I thought it was just my bad luck with this company.  I had Sirius which was bought by earthlink.  I've been with them since the 90s.  Have a mindspring acct and everything.  THE WORST WORST WORST.  Started getting bad about 2-3 years ago.  Can't keep my dsl connected.  Dropping out all the time.  Now it's all through out the day.  

"Customer Service" there is a Nightmare.  I have a recording of 45min. of hold music - just a little bit off station so it's almost unhearable and totally annoying - that I'm gonna make a video with.  

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how just how bad the customer service is at Earthlink.  After dealing with this for 2 years, I'm done.  Totally done.  This week was their last chance.  I went thru the paces after getting yet another trouble ticket started for the SAME FREAKING PROBLEM I'VE HAD FOR 2 YEARS.  Finally he said it's my modem and transferred me.  They wanted to charge me $20 for a new modem.  I said no way. They said a they would send a new one for free if I signed up for another year.  ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS SH*T????????   I laughed and said if they didn't send me a new modem for free at their expense with no contract etc etc. I would take my business elsewhere.  The "supervisor" continued to tell me that I had no more right to free things than anyone else and that I would pay the fee.  I told him - that I'm dropping earthlink and he's personally responsible for that.  As he tried to explain the "rules" to me... I hung up the phone.

2 long years.  I should have changed services 2 years ago.  It's just such a hassle to change everything over but it can't possibly be worse than dealing with Earthlink.  I wish I had the energy to describe all the bullshit but it piled up way way way to high over the last few years.  Hard to breathe let alone type.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Thank you for this forum which restored some of my sanity.

IP Logged
onebigtoe
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Re: Switching to AT&T next week
Reply #1 - 10/12/08 at 13:04:31

As an update - I have switched to AT&T and everything went flawlessly.  For the first time in 2 years when I hope online... I'M ACTUALLY ONLINE.  Amazing.

Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink. Dump Earthlink.  That's my advice to you, folks.

IP Logged
elinksucksass
Newbies

Yakity yak....

Re: Switching to AT&T next week
Reply #2 - 11/30/08 at 19:19:00

I feel you 1000%.  Going to AT&T this week

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print